Evidence for the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ
April 2, 2012, expanded 5/14/2012
Table of Contents
John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Luke 24:25-27 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
Who Really Killed Jesus?
Partial answer: Jesus died for us.
- John 10:17-18 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
- Mark 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
- 1 Timothy 2:5-6 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures.
- 1 Corinthians 5:14-15 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
Full answer: We did all mankind all haved sinned, all need help, and He willingly died
for all of us!
There is no solution or release from the certainty of our condemnation except by substitution. That is by someone standing in our place in the day of judgment who is already approved. Our hope, then, is in that one - Jesus Christ - who will not fail to measure up to God's moral standard, and our confidence will be made sure since he has already been approved by being raised
from the dead.
- Romans 3:9-18 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Their feet are swift to shed blood: Destruction and misery are in their ways: And the way of peace have they not known: There is no fear of God before their eyes.
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
- Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
- Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.
- Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
- Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
- Hebrews 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us.
- Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- 1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
(To read Scripture references in another version, Click Here for BibleGateway.com)
For Further study:
Bible Texts Showing God's Interest In All Men |
Deity of Christ |
Evidence for God and the Bible |
Evidence for Jesus Christ |
First and Last |
I AM the GOD of gods! |
I struggle with doubts about my salvation and God forgiving my sins! |
Messianic Prophecies |
That All Men should Honor The Son |
The Basis of God's Judgment Upon All Mankind |
Unique claims of Jesus Christ